[QBS] libFilePath in custom module

Stéphane Fabry sf at xris.eu
Mon Nov 3 13:20:20 CET 2014

Hi,

The prl file is present, here is the content:
/QMAKE_PRL_BUILD_DIR = C:/xris/maestro_qbs/qtparameter/src/parameter//
//QMAKE_PRO_INPUT = parameter.pro//
//QMAKE_PRL_TARGET = Qt5Parameter//
//QMAKE_PRL_CONFIG = lex yacc depend_includepath testcase_targets
import_plugins import_qpa_plugin incremental_off windows qt warn_on
release link_prl incremental flat precompile_header
autogen_precompile_source debug_and_release embed_manifest_dll
embed_manifest_exe copy_dir_files release shared rtti no_plugin_manifest
qpa win32 msvc pcre release compile_examples sse2 sse3 ssse3 sse4_1
sse4_2 avx avx2 largefile prefix_build force_independent create_prl
link_prl prepare_docs qt_docs_targets no_private_qt_headers_warning
QTDIR_build exceptions_off testcase_exceptions release ReleaseBuild
Release build_pass git_build need_fwd_pri qt_install_module
qt_install_headers qmake_cache target_qt debug_and_release build_all
create_cmake skip_target_version_ext release ReleaseBuild Release
build_pass have_target dll exclusive_builds no_autoqmake thread uic
opengl moc resources//
//QMAKE_PRL_VERSION = 5.0.0/

The only difference with for example QtNetwork prl is the first line
with the /QMAKE_PRL_BUILD_DIR entry./

Thanks,

Stéphane

PS: Sorry for the delay, I had a week off.

Le 23-10-14 17:25, Christian Kandeler a écrit :
> On 10/23/2014 05:07 PM, Stéphane Fabry wrote:
>> I have a custom "Qt module" that is a module compiled and installed in
>> qt directory just like any other qt module (eg serialport).
>>
>> When I try to use QBS and put a "Depends { name: "Qt.mymodule" }"
>> it reach a problem where "libFilePath" is not defined.
>   > I found out that in the "module.qbs" that is generated by QtCreator
>   > (in user appData directory) the libFilePath is not filled for that
>   > module. All other modules of Qt have the path correctly defined, but
>   > for mine it is empty.
>
> That probably means that your module generates no prl file. qbs requires
> one to be present to find out the file path of the library.
>

> Christian
>
>> I can fill it by hand and it solves the problem but i would like it to
>> be done automatically.
>> I build and install the module by the classic 'qmake' 'make' 'make
>> install' process.
>>
>> I found this change, but I'm not sure it is linked to the problem or
>> not:
>> https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-labs/qbs/commit/938d9159810b5525e09325ce61759b29fa3d51af
>>

>> If someone has an hint to the solution... Thanks :)
>>
>> Stéphane

*Stéphane Fabry*, Project & IT Manager
+32 (0)4 367 07 92
*X-RIS* | /X-Ray Imaging Solutions/