[QBS] QBS not compiling with our compiled Qt version

olivier musse olivier.musse at sfr.fr
Thu Oct 16 15:18:13 CEST 2014

Hi,

We got an issue with QBS last version (1.3.2) really similar to
https://snusmumriken.qtproject.c.bitbit.net/browse/QBS-689 but while
using Qt 5.3.2.
We finally found the reason of the issue since it only appears in a Qt
version we compiled ourself and not in the official one (commercial
version).
It comes from the fact that .prl files in our compiled version are
empty. After copying them from the official one, everything works fine.

It seems that QBS uses these files to make a correspondance between Qt
modules and the dynamicLibrairie to append to the link command (working
on windows with msvc).
This behavior seems to be new in QBS since we do not have any such issue
before version 1.3.2.

So my questions are :
- is this a bug in QBS?
- how can we generate the .prl files properly while compiling Qt from
source? We get a tour on internet and found nothing on that point.

Many thanks in advance for help.

Olivier