[QBS] Post Build process to install_name_tool

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Thu Sep 4 18:28:33 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 09/04/2014 05:33 PM, olivier musse wrote:
> With QBS 1.3 we are trying to defined a post build process on our
> product (a dynamiclibrary) to call install_name_tool in order to change
> some library dependencies.
> For that we defined the following rule (MyLib is defined as a type of
> the product)
> Rule{
>
>          inputs:  ['dynamiclibrary']
>
>          Artifact  {
>
>              filePath:  input.filePath
>
>              fileTags:  "MyLib"}
>
>          prepare:  {

>          }
>
>      }
>

> When doing that, we get a conflict rule message with the internal qbs
> file (GenericGCC.qbs:113:18)
> Apparently this is because our rule as the same file as input and output.

in general, the question of how to "enrich" a build artifact is an
unsolved problem. I think https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QBS-5
is referring to this issue as well.
But for your case, why not just use cpp.installNamePrefix?

> With previous version of QBS it was possible to do it.

I don't think so. Can you give an example project where you do that
which works with qbs 1.2 but not wit 1.3?