[QBS] Strange incremental build in QtC 3.2 qbs.

Smirnov Vladimir mapron at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 4 22:50:25 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have now strange bug (maybe not in qbs, not sure), after upgrading
Creator to 3.2 (just downloaded Win installer).
When build executed, SOMETIMES qbs instantly starting rebuilding one of
the files. mutexRW.cpp (it tiny wrapper on boost thread and IPC mutexes).
i've tried to rename file, issue gone, but after some time appeared
again. Using previous version (qtc 3.1.2) - all seems ok.
Then... i tried to create minimal project (with only that file and
boost) - i have no luck.
Also, it repeats regularry on three dev machines (same qbs version). It
also repeats on two large projects (tens of products), each of them have
library with that 'mutexRW.cpp' file. qbs product configuration duplicated.
So... if i modify cpp file, header for it, then SOMETIMES it stops its
instant-builds :)

I have not tried to build cmd version of current master yet. I think i
became insane trying to reproduce (it behaves RANDOMLY for me), but I
plan to  have several tries later. Though, full rebuild helps (time to
drink coffee?).
I want to use qbs to forget about "full rebuilds"!

Any idea how to debug it, get more info?