[QBS] qbs and qtcreator profile names

Stephan Gatzka stephan.gatzka at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 06:41:22 CEST 2015

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list or if it should be
addressed to the qtcreator list.

I setup a project with qbs that cross compiles for an embedded system.
For creating a filesystem I also need to compile some tools running on
my build machine, so I used

profiles: ["gcc"]

it that product.

Everything runs fine until I load that project into the qtcreator
(3.5.0).

qtcreator complains that the profile "gcc" could not be found. I created
two kits in in that project on named "nios2" and on named "gcc". If I
examine the qbs call in the gcc kit, I see that qtcreator invents a
fancy name "qtc_gcc_41d2795e" for that profile.

If I put this profile name into the "profiles" property in qbs,
everything is ok.

But is there no way to tell qtcreator just to use the qbs profile I
created with qbs setup-toolchains?

Regards,

Stephan