[QBS] conditional reference file

McGillion, Brian brian.mcgillion at intel.com
Sun Feb 1 18:58:47 CET 2015

Hi All,

I asked this question on irc the other day, so apologies to those who are
being bombarded again.

Under my Project { references : [ ] }

I want to add a conditional reference if a file (another project's .qbs)
exists.

I have tried "File.exists('my.qbs') ? 'my.qbs' : []" and
"File.exists('my.qbs') ? 'my.qbs' : '' "

with the following results
error: Expected array element of type String at index 4.
error: Cycle detected while referencing file ''

The next issue that I noticed is that "File.exists('my.qbs')" seems to
require and absolute path and not a relative one.

Does anyone know the best solution that is also portable, as this is a
shared project so any hard coded absolute paths are not going to work too
well.

Thanks in advance,
Brian