[QBS] Install only product don't get run

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at theqtcompany.com
Thu Jul 2 16:30:43 CEST 2015

On 07/02/2015 04:10 PM, Thebault, Remi wrote:
> I have in one QBS project a few dll, test executables, one main
> executable and a "Deploy" product that only consist in staging binary
> dependencies in install-root during the deploy step.
> Purpose is to have a complete installed product that I can run without
> tweaking the path or run some script (I run on Windows).
>
> Since I switched from Qt Creator 3.3.0 to 3.4.1, the Deploy product is
> not deployed anymore.
> (not sure of QBS versions)
>
>  [ ...]
>
> Do you have an idea of what got wrong?

No. We use the deployment functionality pretty much everywhere, and I
haven't seen anything go wrong there.
You are sure that this particular product is included in the project you
are building? And you did not uncheck the "install" checkbox in the
build configuration?

> Should I file a bug?

Yes. Please attach a minimal project that exhibits the problem, as I was
not able to reproduce with a trivial example.