[QBS] qbs and Altera NIOS toolchain

Stephan Gatzka stephan.gatzka at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 18:41:27 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm building a project for an Altera NIOS system using qbs. The
toolchain Altera provide is a somwhat patched gcc. Overall, things are
running pretty nice.

The only problem I have is that the linker (Altera always links with
gcc or g++) expectd a very special switch -msys-crt0=<path to crt0>.

Unfortunatly this switch must be given to g++ _before_ giving the
object files to link:

nios2-elf-g++ -msys-crt='crt0.o' -o app.elf a.o b.o

I read the sources of GenericGCC.qbs and gcc.js but didn't found a way
to achive this.

Maybe somebody has an idea how to do this (besides writing a complete
customized linker rule)?

Thanks,

Stephan