[QBS] qbs and Altera NIOS toolchain

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Sat Jul 11 19:39:08 CEST 2015

> The only problem I have is that the linker (Altera always links with
> gcc or g++) expectd a very special switch -msys-crt0=<path to crt0>.
>
> Unfortunatly this switch must be given to g++ _before_ giving the
> object files to link:
>
> nios2-elf-g++ -msys-crt='crt0.o' -o app.elf a.o b.o
>
> I read the sources of GenericGCC.qbs and gcc.js but didn't found a way
> to achive this.

If You don't find any cpp module property, e.g. linkerFlags for abuse, You
could write a shell wrapper script as a replacement for nios2-g++. That
script calls nios2-g++ and either inserts -msys-crt='crt0.o' hardcoded
before passing the others arguments or re-arranges all command line
arguments according to Your needs. In the latter case You provide
-msys-crt=XY via cpp.linkerFlags and use the wrapper script to move it to
the desired position.

You have to adjust cpp.linkerName and cpp.linkerPath according to Your
script's name and location.

Richard