[QBS] Issue in interpretation of buildDirectory while to last QBS version

olivier musse olivier.musse at sfr.fr
Sun Sep 6 22:35:43 CEST 2015

Hi,

I upgraded to last QCreator version 3.5.0 from previous 3.4.2 and some
of my projects no more compile.
I found the issue:
In some static libraries, I used to export cpp.includepath like that:
Export{

cpp.includePaths:[buildDirectory+"/GeneratedFiles"]

}

So that all application depending on this library has the GeneratedFiles
of the library as a include path.
In previous QBS version, buildDirectory seems interpreted in Export so
that it is replaced with the library buildDirectory => the application
compiled well
In last QBS version, buildDirectory seems interpreted in the application
so that it is replaced with the application buildDirectory => the
application does not compiled.

I found a work around forcing buildDirectory to be interpreted in
Library by using an intermediate property.
propertystringgenerFiles:buildDirectory+"/GeneratedFiles"

Export{

cpp.includePaths:[product.generFiles]

}

Does this change in behavior is normal?
If yes, is there any solution better than the work around I found?

Many thanks in advance for help.

Regards

Olivier