[QBS] qbs beta/rc release to accompany qt-creator beta/rc releases

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Wed Nov 2 17:25:33 CET 2016

On 11/02/2016 04:41 PM, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> Are there qbs beta releases that would accompany qt-creator beta release?

No, sorry. We consider this too much overhead at the moment.

> I wanted to try qt-creator 4.2.0-beta1, but it failed to build with (if
> I recall correctly) errors related to qbs.
>
> I then removed the system wide qbs package and built qt-creator with the
> bundled qbs and it has built and worked fine.
>
> If this is the case, would it be possible you release version of qbs
> that allows to build beta releases of qt-creator? (as separate packages).

I think you simply had an outdated version of qbs installed. Any active
branch of Qt Creator (at the moment: 4.1, 4.2, master) should be
buildable with:
    - the latest released qbs (at the moment: 1.6.0)
    - the current qbs release branches (at the moment: 1.6 [1.7 branch
creation has been delayed due to some patches still pending])
    - the qbs master branch (possibly with deprecation warnings)
In addition, any branch of Qt Creator should build with the version of
qbs that is bundled as a submodule.

Hope this helps,