[QBS] qbs beta/rc release to accompany qt-creator beta/rc releases

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:56:13 CET 2016

On 03/11/16 15:41, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> Without access to the git repo? I don't think there is a way. But the
> same goes for the actual Creator gommit, does it not?

I most probably misinterpreted your words, because at first time I
thought that I need some "special" form or shape of git access.

But then I went here:
https://github.com/qtproject/qt-creator/tree/2428135319128e75c35f0e7b37605ea6227c7a5e/src/shared

I got there by following the commit that actually accounts for
qt-creator -beta release.

There I found the following: "qbs @ 830503d"

And I built qbs commit 830503d from its git repo, and then the
qt-creator -beta release from the -beta source tarball (without the
bundled qbs). All seems to work fine and the packaging was made the way
I wanted it to be.

NOTE:
I created a script that pulls the needed git commit and then creates
source tarball from it.

Then the qbs build script is fed the created tarball and creates the
package, so the workflow is maintained as if I was feeding the script
with the official tarball release.

> How exactly would a separate qbs beta help you, by the way? The de-facto
> beta release is what's bundled in the Creator beta.

Now you understand how it would help :-)

As of now I won't insist, because I made my way through.
But still, if there was a -beta release of qbs, it would save some hassle.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski