[QBS] Scanner with custom FileTags not executed

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Mon Oct 31 10:25:58 CET 2016

On 10/29/2016 02:27 PM, at-2500 wrote:
> 1. Create a Module in your project folder qbs/modules/test/module.qbs
> 2. Add a FileTagger for *.txt with the filetag „txt“ to the module.qbs
> 3. Add a Scanner item with inputs: „txt“ and scan: {throw „executed“} to the module.qbs
> 4. Add the module search path to a project and depend on the module from any product
> 5. Add a text file to your products files list
> 6. The Scanner is not executed (It doesn’t throw)

Presumably, there is no Rule that takes "txt" files as inputs and
produces outputs that are connected to the product type.
To be able to say with certainty, I'd have to see the complete project.

> 7. Now, add a *.cpp file to your product files and change the inputs of the Scanner item to „cpp“, you will see that this does throw

Presumably, your product is of e.g. type application and has a
dependency on the cpp module, so the respective rules are executed. (But
see above).