[QBS] Support for Qt on Android

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Thu Sep 15 09:59:28 CEST 2016

On 15 September 2016 at 12:08, Ch'Gans <chgans at gna.org> wrote:
> On 14 September 2016 at 22:35,  <salatix at web.de> wrote:
>> Is the Qbs support for Android sufficient to build an Android application
>> with Qbs without Qt Creator or would you recommend reverting to qmake in
>> order to build for Android?
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. September 2016 um 16:24 Uhr
>> Von: "Jake Petroules" <Jake.Petroules at qt.io>
>> An: "salatix at web.de" <salatix at web.de>
>> Cc: "qbs at qt-project.org" <qbs at qt-project.org>
>> Betreff: Re: [QBS] Support for Qt on Android
>> Android support in Qt Creator with Qbs is unfortunately not yet supported.
>> For now, you'll have to build on the command line.
>>
>> See QBS-881, QBS-992, QBS-991
>>

>> On Sep 13, 2016, at 5:50 AM, salatix at web.de wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> am trying to port an qt application from desktop to Android but so far I am
>> out of luck, because I use the qbs build system with a lot of submodules
>> also using qbs. When I try to build my application for Android I get the
>> following error:
>>
>> The profile 'qtc_Android__37e8f197-armv5te' does not exist.
>
> QtCreator manage its own Qbs profiles, that you cannot (easily) re-use
> "manually".
> Have you try to run "qbs setup-toolchain" and see if it picks up the
> android one?

I've just tried here, after installing all Android, Java and Qt
packages and selecting an android kit, QtC tells me:

Cannot find the android build step.
Error while building/deploying project XYZ (kit: Android for
armeabi-v7a (GCC 4.9, Qt 5.7.0))
When executing step "Deploy to Android device"

Tools->Options->Qbs seems to be setup correctly
(cpp.toolchainInstallPath/Prefix points to my Android NDK toolchain)

I had a quick go at setting up the toolchain manually with
qbs-setup-toolchain, but it refuses to detect the toolchain....

Anyway, your problem seems to be different since your associated Qbs
profile look corrupted/missing.

Which platform are you building on?

On Linux, QtC profiles are stored under $HOME/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/qbs

Whereas your "regular" qbs profiles are stored under
$HOME/.config/QtProject/qbs/

Chris