[Qbs] Compiling QtCreator QbsProjectManager plugin with Qbs

Wolfgang Baron Wolfgang.Baron at gmx.net
Tue Feb 21 00:29:36 CET 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to compile QtCreator for debugging and I like Qbs, so I
tried compiling QtCreator using the Qbs project file using
QtCreator-4.2.1 and Qt-5.8 msvc2015 32 bits on Windows 10 (current
version installed through web installer). In fact, I also tried 64 bits
with the same result.

All seemed well, but then I noticed, QbsProjectManager was not there,
which was the main reason I compiled QtCreator in the first place. The
project manager shows QbsProjectManager in grey, implying an ignored
state. A check on why this could be lead me to property "condition" of
the QbsProjectManager product. I replaced the condition with:

     condition: {
             console.info("buildQbsProjectManager " +
project.buildQbsProjectManager);
             return project.buildQbsProjectManager;
     }

This printed "true". I changed the calculation of buildQbsProjectManager
in the surrounding "src.qbs" and also got the information, that
QbsProjectManager should be built. Nonetheless, it is grey in the
QtCreator project view and is not built.
What is happening here? How can I persuade QtCreator/Qbs to build
QbsProjectManager nontheless?

Thanks for any advice!