[Qbs] Any novice tickets

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Mon Aug 6 16:06:31 CEST 2018

On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 16:39:20 +0300
Иван Комиссаров <abbapoh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Most of the time i use Mac OS for desktop development, sometimes I use
> debian-based Linux.

Ok, good to know. There are many interesting things to do for Mac, but most of them are probably too complex to get started with.
Perhaps you could take a look at the Xcode generator? This is supposed to be a complete patch that we haven't gotten around to look at yet. Just testing it a bit would already be helpful.

> I looked more at the issues and found some
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-563 (Add support for Google Protocol
> Buffers) It seems that shouldn't be very hard to implement a module for a
> protoc.

Yes, this looks like a low-hanging fruit.

> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-120 (Qbs uses too much memory) I can
> take a look at allocations Instrument to see what's happening

That surely can't hurt. My experiments with massif weren't very conclusive.

> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-511 (QBS help text is not properly
> format in windows cmd shell) I guess, QBS doesn't use QCommandLineParser at
> the moment?

No, and I don't think it can, because of the "command plus additional arguments" syntax that qbs uses.