[Qbs] debian patches

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Sat Dec 22 04:31:16 CET 2018

On 2018-12-21 09:18 +0000, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> By the way, I was looking at the patches Debian applies, and I have a couple of questions/comments.
> - remove_rpaths.diff: Why is the line that *conditionally* sets the rpath removed instead of building with the CONFIG value that exists for this very purpose? Is that against some platform convention?

Because every package would have to explicitly disable rpaths, when
the default in debian is 'turn those pesky rpaths OFF'. It is indeed against
debian policy for a build tool to turn them on by default.

> - qml_type_descriptions.diff: Will not be needed anymore in qbs 1.13.

OK. cool. Will this be obvious to the maintainer because the same patch is adopted upstream?

> - processlauncher_destdir.diff: I don't understand this one. Why set QBS_LIBEXEC_DIR from the outside and then override it?

I'm not sure either. cc:ing the author for a clarification.
I think this bug may be related/relevant? https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=869909
Looks like it's dealing with debian's multiarch library layout. It is possible that there is a cleaner fix.

> - kfreebsd_soname.diff: Can probably be upstreamed if macOS is also excluded.

great.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/