[Qbs] Future of Qbs

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Wed Oct 31 21:16:14 CET 2018

Hello,

the company I am working for was an early adopter of Qbs. We migrated
over hundred projects and components with several million lines of C++
source code to it. Several teams are working with Qbs on a daily basis.
We are mostly satisfied with the current release and we will not move
away from this great build system.

We are really disappointed by TQC deprecating Qbs. How much can we
trust that the same will not happen with QtCreator or some Qt modules
or platform support?

But we will moderately invest into Qbs' future at least by improving
the integration into QtCreator and keeping Qbs on the level we need.

Regards,

Jochen 'gilead' Becher

Author of QtCreator's ModelEditor plugin

Head of 30 software developers who are happily use Qbs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CwXx2F1zuATYY3GGOTkFgDB9jwMPghf6az_RVOnskfk/edit#gid=0