[Qbs] Future of Qbs

NIkolai Marchenko enmarantispam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 23:58:21 CET 2018

I just want to point something out, something that's not that visible on
the blog post that it appeared at.

In this post: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2017/12/07/qbs-1-10-released/ just a
little less than a year ago,
qbs was touted as the new Qt build tool. This isn't speculation, these are
direct words from TQtC employee.

Essentially: TQtC encouraged their customers to migrate, then, less than a
year later,
they deprecate it on dubious grounds essentially making this earlier post a
lie.

I have to ask: how is this helping Qt's business strategy? You've
essentially wasted hour upon hours of your customers time
and ignored it all at the drop of a hat. This is a direct breach of trust
that potentially has severe financial consequences.