[Qbs] Qbs status update - looking for a maintainer

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Thu Apr 4 22:29:59 CEST 2019

Hello Tino,

thanks for the update.

> In addition to contributors, the Qbs project would need a new maintainer.
> Christian Kandeler has done a great job, but his effort is needed in other
> projects as well. We are looking for a new maintainer, who has a good
> understanding of Qbs and will take responsibility for tasks such as
> continuous integration and release management. Suggestions are welcome.

Will Leena still be available for documentation reviews?

Christian, are you planning to step down as a maintainer in 2019 or will you
make that dependent on the amount of external contribution? Right now, the
amount of contribution doesn't look overwhelming.

Nevertheless, release management and testing should become entirely public
and not happen behind closed doors. I noticed that the Qt Company is running
an internal gitlab at https://git.qt.io/. Does that include gitlab CI? Can
it be connected to gerrit?

Best regards
Richard