[Qbs] A simple project that copy an executable does not work

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 08:38:26 CEST 2019

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 at 18:15, Vincent Hui <vincenthk007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard and Ivan,
>
> I tried a project called qbs-autoproject that can generate qbs files automatically. I modified the example to try whether multiple executables can be generated without adding CppApplication by myself, the result was that multiple executables were generated successfully without adding CppApplication by myself on Ubuntu 18.04. After qbs-autoproject had been parsed in Qt Creator, qbs-autoproject/.autoproject/example.autoproject.qbs was generated. Two executables "app1d" and "app2d" were generated when the project was built.
>
> You can try the example I modified, the project is attached.
>
> The next thing I want to do is investigating whether qbs-autoproject can be used in complicated projects.

Are you trying to convert an existing project that use a different
build system, or are you trying to create qbs files out of a tree of
source files?
If you're project is not big, IMHO, it will be faster to write your
qbs file by hand, that's the only way to learn.
Start with something simple, and then build up slowly by adding more
libs, apps, plugins, refactor your files as you start to copy/paste
too much, etc...

As mentioned by Ivan, if you want to learn how to deal with
complicated projects, the best is to check QtCreator's use of Qbs and
Qbs' use of Qbs itself. You'll see everything you need to know (and
more!)

Chris