[Qbs] Who compared build times of Qt Creator with CMake and qbs?

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:06:25 CEST 2019

On Tue, 14 May 2019 at 20:58, Tobias Hunger <Tobias.Hunger at qt.io> wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-05-14 at 10:04 +0200, Ola Røer Thorsen wrote:
> > I'd like to know if Qt Creator will phase out Qbs support completely,
> > seeing the comments and summary in that commit ("Qbs is dead"). Would be
> > really bad for at least my team, if they did.
>
> That "qbs is dead" was me, so I guess I need to clarify that statement:

Quote:
Qbs is dead, I won't bother collecting that data:-) When I benchmarked
qbs against cmake they were in the same ballpark though

I will run a comparison, that is an interesting piece of information.

> I do not see qbs as an option to build Qt Creator with going forward. My plan is
> to built creator with cmake and to remove both the qbs as well as the qmake
> build systems from the Qt Creator sources.
>
> Note that this is about the build system used to *build Qt Creator with*, not
> about *build systems supported by Qt Creator*. I would personally like to keep
> qbs supported as a build system for projects in Qt Creator for as long as it is
> feasible.

>From the change description:
All plugins have been converted to CMake, with the following exceptions:
  - qbsprojectmanager

Any reason why?

Chris.