[Qbs] Who compared build times of Qt Creator with CMake and qbs?

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Wed May 15 15:44:55 CEST 2019

I compared qbs and cmake/ninja, and got these results (Debug build, no
QbsPM and no Clang):

Notice that qbs builds unit tests, which cmake doesn't.

time qbs -f ../qt-creator/qtcreator.qbs profile:qt-5-11-1
modules.cpp.compilerWrapper:ccache
cold ccache:
real    5m26.149s
user    125m3.443s
sys     16m55.134s

warm cache:
real    1m40.335s
user    17m20.419s
sys     4m12.409s

time cmake ../qt-creator -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_LAUNCHER=ccache
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER_LAUNCHER=ccache -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G Ninja
real    0m8.256s
user    0m7.425s
sys     0m0.827s

time ninja