[Qbs] Session at Qt Contributor Summit next month?

Kai Köhne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Tue Oct 29 08:54:52 CET 2019

Hi Richard,

Sorry for taking so long to come back to you ...

Well, it's a summit for all contributors to the Qt project - including people that
contribute to Qbs.

> Such a
> session might make more sense at a world summit and would probably have
> promition character like what Jake did. How great was the interest in
> 2016/2017 - do you know?

I'm not sure about the exact year, but the session I remember with Jake got
quite some interest indeed.

Anyhow, for the World Summit there's a formal schedule, and the call for papers
Is long gone, so if anything you (or anyone who likes to promote Qbs) can submit
a proposal only next year.

> My personal motivation to travel in the middle of a week without being paid is
> 0.

Understood.

> But I would be interested to know (and that's somewhat off-topic), if there is
> any other project under the Qt Project umbrella that is not directly driven by
> the Qt Company, but by the community.

Depends on how you define 'project' 😊 Many of the qt-labs modules are not driven by the Qt Company, and there are also Qt Creator plugins and Qt addons that weren't created by (employees of) The Qt Company.

Regards

Kai