[Qbs] How to get the full dependency name in a ModuleProvider?

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 1 08:21:05 CEST 2020

On 31/07/20 11:03, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> There's probably no harm in adding a "fullName" property containing the string from the Depends item. Possibly it could even be the value of "name", but I'd have to take a closer look to determine what makes more sense semantically.

Maybe we can keep "name" the way it is (after all, it's the name of the
ModuleProvider, so it kind of makes sense that it matches its location)
and add a "dependencyName" property containing the full dependency name.

Incidentally, the following properties of the Depends item could also be
very useful to the module provider:

    submodules : stringList
    versionAtLeast : string
    versionBelow : string

maybe, then, it would make more sense to add a "dependencyInfo" property
as an object containing the three properties above, and the original
"name" from the Depends directive?

Ciao,
  Alberto

--