[Qbs] How to generate files like ui_main_window.h without buld all project.

Карелин Павел hkarel at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 18 09:45:58 CEST 2020

Hello, colleagues

We wrote our own code checker to check uninitialized parameters in
header files (this kind of check is not available in either GCC or
Clang). Already several times such a check helped us out when especially
hasty colleagues forgot to initialize the parameters.

But today, after another revision of the project, we stepped on a rake:
for our utility to work, all dependencies (header files) must be
present, but our utility is launched before the project is built, and UI
files (like ui_main_window.h) are generated only during the build process.

Question: is it possible in any way to generate only UI files, without
building the entire project?

Clarification: for our utility we are already using the generation of
files of the form: "qbs generate -g clangdb ..." Perhaps there are
already generators for the UI as well?

--
BR, Pavel Karelin