[Qbs] QBS behaviour while linking

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Tue Jan 28 19:18:33 CET 2020

Hi,

> Hmm ... I observe that the "Compile Output" inside QtC sometimes stops while linking a library and (using htop) one can see that no other core is used. After that further compilations can be seen.
> Maybe the linking of the component A has to be completely finished before compiling other files (which might be part of component B which depends on A)?

should not be the case in a plain C/C++ project. Dependencies are tracked on artifact level which means compilation of product B depending on A can happen while A is being linked. Just the linkage of B is postponed until A has completed. Do you have a (minimal) reproduce example showing that behavior?

Richard