[Qbs] How to get the full dependency name in a ModuleProvider?

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 30 22:32:11 CEST 2020

Hi again!
   I started playing with ModuleProvider, and I find the "name" property
a bit confusing: if the dependency was specified as

     Depends { name: "myprovider.a" }

the the module provider in "module-providers/myprovider/provider.qbs"
only sees "myprovider" as "name" property -- the "a" is lost.

But "a" is, in my case, the important bit of information, because I need
to look up some files in the filesystem based on which dependency is
specified. Looking at the QBS source code
(src/lib/corelib/language/moduleloader.cpp), it does not look like there
is any way to get the full dependency name.

Did I overlook something? If not, would you consider the addition of a
"relativeName" property, which QBS would set to the second part of the
name (the one currently being left out, that is "a" in this example), if
I provide the code for it?

Ciao,
   Alberto