[Qbs] Signing an Android APK

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Mon May 11 03:57:31 CEST 2020

On Mon, 11 May 2020 at 09:03, Raphael Cotty <raphael.cotty at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you look at the sdk.qbs file in the Android module then you'll see that you can provide a file for the keystore (pattern *.keytstore).
> If not then qbs uses the default keystore file ($HOME/.android/debug.keystore on Linux).

Hum, looks like non debug signing is not implemented, keystore alias,
password, ... are hardcoded in sdk/utils.js: prepareAaptPackage().
As well I had to add a tagger since our keystore has 'jks' file extension.
The keystore comes with a property file, that contains all the details
for the signing process, i don't know if it's standard or an in-house
procedure.
This could be a Freescale specific system too, our AOSP is based on
the imx8 one.

> Qbs also relies on androiddeployqt but only to gather the dependencies. The generation of the apk package and the signing is done by qbs rules.

I have non-repeatable errors in there, but a clean build seems to
always work, i can generate APK in debug mode with default keystore.
It crashes, but that's another story.

Chris