[Qbs] Issues building for Android

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Wed Oct 14 19:54:36 CEST 2020

> I now also tried to build using Qt 5.14.2, but no change (still problems
> starting with not finding the aidl tool).
>
> Seems like something is broken where the kit is set up, as the
> Android.sdk.buildToolsVersion is not set.
>
> Is a clean install of Qt, QtCreator + QtCreator setting up the Android
> SDK/NDK a part of the CI for Qbs?

Qt Creator is not part of the tests. We run everything with Qbs only on the
command line in a Docker image.

Our jobs can be found here:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qbs/qbs.git/tree/.github/workflows/main.yml

Example test job (Qt for Android 5.14):
https://github.com/rweickelt/qbs/runs/1253245655

Docker image with Android SDK/NDK installed:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qbs/qbs.git/tree/docker/focal/test-android.Dockerfile

> If anyone can share a complete and working android profile here, then I can
> try to fill in the blanks in the QtCreator kit.

The result of running

    qbs setup-android --ndk-dir ${ANDROID_HOME}/ndk-bundle --sdk-dir
${ANDROID_HOME} --qt-dir ${QT_INSTALL_DIR} qbs_autotests-android-qt

is this:

profiles.qbs_autotests-android-qt.Android.ndk.ndkDir:
"/home/devel/android/ndk-bundle"
profiles.qbs_autotests-android-qt.Android.ndk.platform: "android-21"
profiles.qbs_autotests-android-qt.Android.sdk.ndkDir:
"/home/devel/android/ndk-bundle"
profiles.qbs_autotests-android-qt.Android.sdk.sdkDir: "/home/devel/android"
profiles.qbs_autotests-android-qt.moduleProviders.Qt.qmakeFilePaths:
"/opt/Qt/5.14.0/android/bin/qmake"
profiles.qbs_autotests-android-qt.qbs.architecture: ["armv7a", "x86_64"]
profiles.qbs_autotests-android-qt.qbs.targetPlatform: "android"
profiles.qbs_autotests-android-qt.qbs.toolchainType: "clang"

Taken from the linked job above.

Richard