[Qbs] Build and run a AuxiliaryApplication before build a MainApplication

Карелин Павел hkarel at yandex.ru
Tue Feb 9 18:33:52 CET 2021

09.02.2021 16:06, Christian Kandeler пишет:
> On 2/9/21 1:04 PM, Карелин Павел wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I need to build  components of the project  in a specific sequence:
>> 1) Build of auxiliary generator program;
>> 2) Generate a resource file using the generator received in step 1;
>> 3) Add the resource file obtained in step 2 to project QRC-file;
>> 4) Build the main project program with the QRC-file obtained in step 3.
>>
>> I previously asked a similar question
>> (https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qbs/2018-August/002223.html),
>> and how to perform steps 1, 2 I know roughly. However, this decision
>> seems to me to be somewhat confusing (not transparent),
>> so I wanted to know maybe at the moment there is a simpler
>> (transparent) solution.
>>
>> I have no understanding of how, after points 1,2 to be followed
>> points 3 and 4, so I ask for help with the solution.
>
> If by "add the resource file" you mean you have a hand-written qrc
> file and you want to merge a generated file into it, then that's not
> possible (unless you do the merging "manually" in a dedicated rule and
> tag the result afterwards). However, if you do it "correctly" by
> having the qrc file be auto-generated from files tagged as resource
> data, then the whole thing is straightforward.
>
> You might want to tell us what exactly you are struggling with and
> why, so it becomes easier to help.
Yes, I do not particularly struggle with anything:) This task can be
solved in another way (without a resource file). I was just interested
in trying out QBS capabilities. Perhaps in the future there will be a
problem that can only be solved in this way.

Here is my task: I am making a mechanism for checking spelling. The
mechanism requires a map of language trigrams. The trigram map is
generated from trigram files
(https://github.com/hkarel/qgit/tree/3x-spellcheck/src/spellcheck/sonnet/trigrams).
This work is just done by the utility "AuxiliaryApplication." Next, I
planned to add this trigram map to the program as a resource.

Regarding auto-generated qrc file: if such a generated file can be used
together with the manual qrc file, then I will totally agree such a
solution.