[Qbs] Build and run a AuxiliaryApplication before build a MainApplication

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Tue Feb 9 14:06:03 CET 2021

On 2/9/21 1:04 PM, Карелин Павел wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I need to build  components of the project  in a specific sequence:
> 1) Build of auxiliary generator program;
> 2) Generate a resource file using the generator received in step 1;
> 3) Add the resource file obtained in step 2 to project QRC-file;
> 4) Build the main project program with the QRC-file obtained in step 3.
>
> I previously asked a similar question
> (https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qbs/2018-August/002223.html),
> and how to perform steps 1, 2 I know roughly. However, this decision
> seems to me to be somewhat confusing (not transparent),
> so I wanted to know maybe at the moment there is a simpler
> (transparent) solution.
>
> I have no understanding of how, after points 1,2 to be followed points
> 3 and 4, so I ask for help with the solution.

If by "add the resource file" you mean you have a hand-written qrc file
and you want to merge a generated file into it, then that's not possible
(unless you do the merging "manually" in a dedicated rule and tag the
result afterwards). However, if you do it "correctly" by having the qrc
file be auto-generated from files tagged as resource data, then the
whole thing is straightforward.

You might want to tell us what exactly you are struggling with and why,
so it becomes easier to help.