[Qbs] Depending on binary from install-root

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Wed Sep 22 10:45:55 CEST 2021

On 9/9/21 1:25 PM, Jochen Becher wrote:
> thank you for the prompt answer. Adding explicit dependency on
> "installable" works. But adding the input dependency on application
> does not:
>
> The rule uses
>
> inputs: [ "alang"]
>
> to depend on the alang source code files. When I add additionally
>
> inputsFromDependencies: [ "application" ]
>
> it doesn't work. inputs["application"] is always undefined.

There's almost surely something wrong in one of your rules/products
then. You will probably find out what it is if you try to create a
minimal example.

> Seems like inputs and inputsFromDependencies are mutual exclusive.

Definitely not, as that's exactly what e.g. the rule creating
applications has, where the inputs are object files and the inputs from
dependencies are (import) libraries.