[Qbs] How to use qbspkgconfig?

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Mon Mar 7 10:01:48 CET 2022

Hi,

my main problem is I have MinGW32 und MinGW64, the pkg-config of the latter is
first (or only) in PATH, thus dependencies through pkg-config will get the
inlcude paths etc. for the 64 bit variant. Now I have a dependency which checks
the bitness in the header and errors out on 32 bit.

I thought this could be solved with qbspkgconfig and qbsModuleProviders, but it
either can't or I fail to see how. And the documentation is not really helping,
I'm afraid.

I've tried qbsModuleProviders: ["qbspkgconfig"] which fails to find "botan-2",
and Qt. So I went for qbsModuleProviders: ["Qt", "qbspkgconfig"], now it only
fails to find "botan-2". Do I have to state where to find the .pc files? And if
yes how, and why? Then I could just continue to use pkg-config and set the
libDirs path, right? Although that would not be nice, since I don't want to
hardcode the path.

Kind Regards,
Björn.