[Qbs] Build issues with Qt 6 on iOS

Leon Buckel leon.buckel at bee360.com
Wed Mar 9 12:29:20 CET 2022

Hi everyone,

I’m getting a bunch of errors like this when building our app for iOS with Qt 6:
> clang: error: no such file or directory: '$$[QT_INSTALL_PREFIX]/./qml/QtQml/objects-Release/Qml_resources_1/.rcc/qrc_qmake_QtQml.cpp.o’

The problem here is that the “$$[QT_INSTALL_PREFIX]” tag is not replaced in the plugins.list file generated by the qml module.
When I fix this in the QBS code this part works but I then get some ‘duplicate symbol’ errors during linking. That’s because the same object files are listed in both, the staticLibraries list and the plugins.list file. As I understand they’re taken straight from the corresponding .prl file.

Looks like a bug in QBS but I’m not sure how to fix it or work around it for the time being. I tried filtering the duplicate entries but that lead to some components missing and didn’t work either.

Has anyone experienced this and knows of a way to fix it?

Regards

Leon