[Qbs] Code Generator with shared library dependencies

Leon Buckel leon.buckel at bee360.com
Fri Jan 12 11:10:18 CET 2024

Hi,

I’ve run into an issue when trying to run a generator tool that depends on shared libraries that are also part of the build.
I have a rule that has an input for “application” to make sure the generator is built before the rule can be run. But actually running the tool with a Command doesn’t work because it can’t find the shared libraries it depends on.
On macOS this can be fixed via rpaths but for windows one would have to somehow setup the environment with the dll paths.

So my question would be: Is there a way to run an executable that is a Product similar to how ‘qbs run’ does it so all dependencies are found?

In the past I’ve solved this problem by deploying the tool and dlls first and running it from the install root.
That still works but doesn’t seem right. Especially since I don’t believe there is a way to tell whether the artifacts are already installed before running the Command. Meaning so far it has only worked out of luck because the generator was run after the install step. So a better solution would be a nice to have.

Regards

Leon