[Qbs] Code Generator with shared library dependencies

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Sun Jan 14 10:07:57 CET 2024

Hi,

> So my question would be: Is there a way to run an executable that is a
> Product similar to how ‘qbs run’ does it so all dependencies are found?

I don't think there is. You could crawl the dependency tree of your
application product for shared libraries and unless you find a way to run
the setupRunEnvironment scripts of those products, you would have to add
their build directories to the path environment variable before running your
executable.

I had the same use-case and wanted to extend the rule "Command" towards a
ProductRunnerCommand in the past that would run the setupRunEnvironment
scripts, but didn't find the time.