[Qt-creator] Breakpoints not working in QC1.1.0

Leo Spalteholz leo.spalteholz at gmail.com
Sat May 2 00:25:14 CEST 2009

I have a similar problem (QtCreator ignoring breakpoints completely)
but it is happening on Windows.

Clean install of Qt SDK 2009.02, it's completely impossible to debug
anything on Windows (tried two machines so far).  Both Windows XP SP3
32bit.  One is a dev machine, the other is an Asus EeeTop that has
never had any development tools or Qt installed on it.
Project is set to debug mode.  I rebuilt many times.  Also deleted all
the makefiles and .pro.user files from previous version of QtCreator
with the same result.

Debugging seems to start, but breakpoints are never triggered.
Installing Qt SDK 2009.01 (QtCreator 1.0) works just fine on the exact
same projects.

The key difference seems to be that when opening a project in Creator
1.1, in the Projects tab, Debug, Build steps, there is no Gdb macros
build option.  When clicking the plus button, the GDB macros build is
also not an option to add (only custom build step).  This is a default
2009.02 installation, with no other Qt versions anywhere on the
computer.
When configuring Qt versions, it correctly lists 4.5.1 as the default
Qt version.  The Qt path is correct, the mingw path is correct, and
there is a green checkmark by the debugging helper.  I've tried
rebuilding the debugging helper but it makes no difference (seems to
compile fine).  There remains no option to build the GDB debug macros,
and debugging doesn't work.

Leo