[Qt-creator] Breakpoints not working in QC1.1.0

Andre Poenitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat May 2 01:12:22 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 03:47:09PM -0700, Leo Spalteholz wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Leo Spalteholz <leo.spalteholz at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a similar problem (QtCreator ignoring breakpoints completely)
> > but it is happening on Windows.
>
> Just tried upgrading to QtCreator 1.1 on Debian sid (from the Debian
> packages).  I can debug there, but there is also no option to add the
> Build GDB Debug Macros step anymore.  I guess this is unrelated.

It's unrelated (and fine as it is...).

> On windows, when I set a breakpoint and run the program, the hourclass
> overlay on the breakpoint indicator never disappears.  Works fine on
> Linux though.

So Gdb possibly thinks it does not know the source file and/or we do not
properly parse its acknowledging reply.  There are several possible
reasons for that, ranging from not up-to-date builds (probably not your
case) over binaries running from a place different from the one they had
been built at (probably not your case) to binaries or source files in
"strange" locations (paths with spaces or unusal characters, network
shares etc).

Could you please send the output of the right hand pane of the "Gdb
View" (Debug -> Views -> Gdb)?

Andre'