[Qt-creator] Minor problems and some suggestions

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Mon May 4 11:58:32 CEST 2009

> When switching from one Tab (e.g. the "Build Issues" one) to the
> "Compile Output" tab auto-scrolling stops. Daniel said he will try to
> look at this issue tomorrow.
Right. that's fixed.

> When renaming a file which is part of a CMake project QtCreator does not
> pick up the new files/removes the old ones from the project view until I
> restart QtCreator. I did not test it, but it is not unlikely, that the
> same happens for newly added files.
Well that should work, if it is a change to the main CMakeLists.txt

> Apart from the main CmakeLists.txt I see no CMakeLists.txt files in the
> project view. It would be quite neat, if QtCreator could also show the
> CMakeLists.txt files included by add_subdirectory.
Right, the cbp file doesn't contain that information. So this isn't that easy
to fix. (It's also the reason why we don't pick up changes to any sub
CMakeLists.txt

> When you deal with a project which causes a lot of warnings for
> whatever reason (and you cannot remove the warnings, at least not
> immediately) it is quite hard to spot the actual build failures in the
> "Build Issues" tab. Maybe it would make sense to make it possible to
> filter out warnings, or prioritize errors, so you can easily spot them.
I agree, some advanced filtering and navigating for that list is still needed.
Fix your warnings though. :)

> Visual Studio allows you to click a warning/error in the compile output.
> In some cases it is easier to spot problems in the unparsed output.
> Having the option to directly jump to the respective file without
> the need to open it manually/via "Build Issues" would be nice.
> One thing I really love when using Eclipse, is that is directly marks
> errors and warnings in the editor. This way you immediately see which
> line(s) cause(s) problems. Files with problems are also marked in the
> project view. I have seen this great feature with no other IDE so far.
I've put those two on my todo list, no promise on when I'll have time for
them.

daniel