[Qt-creator] Minor problems and some suggestions

Axel Jäger axel.jaeger at basyskom.de
Mon May 4 12:08:53 CEST 2009

>> Visual Studio allows you to click a warning/error in the compile
>> output.
>> In some cases it is easier to spot problems in the unparsed output.
>> Having the option to directly jump to the respective file without
>> the need to open it manually/via "Build Issues" would be nice.
>> One thing I really love when using Eclipse, is that is directly marks
>> errors and warnings in the editor. This way you immediately see which
>> line(s) cause(s) problems. Files with problems are also marked in the
>> project view. I have seen this great feature with no other IDE so
>> far.
> I've put those two on my todo list, no promise on when I'll have
> time for
> them.
Xcode does something similar:
http://developer.apple.com/technology/images/tools_gallery2.jpg
On the screenshot, you see a warning and an editor for a breakpoint.
An error is shown similar to the warning but with a red box. I would
love to see this in QtCreator too.

Axel
---
Axel Jäger
Developer

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736
axel.jaeger at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer