[Qt-creator] New files not added to project?

Thorbjørn Lindeijer thorbjorn.lindeijer at nokia.com
Mon May 4 15:02:27 CEST 2009

ext Frank Siegert wrote:
> (Is it preferred to discuss bugs on this mailing list, or post them to the
> task tracker?)

Whatever you're most comfortable with.

> I am using a Makefile based project with SVN, and have noticed, that files
> added through e.g. "File - New - C++ Header File" are not added to the
> project. The option "Add to Project" in the new-file-dialog is greyed out,
> and the file does not seem to be indexed.
>
> Is this a known limitation, or a fault on my side?

We should definitely update the project.files file when you're adding
new stuff to the project using Qt Creator, to make sure the files are
indexed and available from the Locator.

Of course, it won't be able to edit any Makefile.am files, since it
isn't even aware of their existence (and they might not even exist).

Regards,
Bjørn

--
Thorbjørn Lindeijer