[Qt-creator] Executable under Windows XP

Thorbjørn Lindeijer thorbjorn.lindeijer at nokia.com
Mon May 4 14:36:03 CEST 2009

ext Yuriel Núñez Fernández wrote:
> Qt-creators:
> Congratulations for this really good IDE!
> Please, I need to build an executable under Windows XP and under Linux (64
> bit). I already have a program running with Qt creator for both systems, but
> I don't know how to compile it statically. Any suggestion?

It should compile statically automatically when you compile against a
static Qt. This usually means you have to compile Qt yourself with
./configure -static

Also note that when doing static builds, any Qt plugins you're using
will need special attention:

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/plugins-howto.html#static-plugins

Regards,
Bjørn