[Qt-creator] [Debugger] Can not step into source code on RHEL5.2?

Ed Sutton ESutton at fescorp.com
Mon May 4 22:48:03 CEST 2009

What are possible problems that can prevent source code debugging from operating normally?  I can set breakpoints in my source and it looks like the debugger is doing something yet I have no indication of where it is in my source code?

*         I installed QTCreator in a new Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2 virtual machine (VM).

*         I have converted a simple console app to a QT project that uses only standard libs - I am not using any QT libs.

*         My "Build Configuration" is set to Debug.

*         This is a mixed C/C++ project.

*         I have tried changing checking "Run in Terminal" Run Settings.

*         I have no optimization flags in my PRO file.

Thanks in advance,

-Ed