[Qt-creator] [Debugger] Can not step into source code on RHEL5.2?

Andre Poenitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon May 4 23:00:00 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 03:48:03PM -0500, Ed Sutton wrote:
> What are possible problems that can prevent source code debugging from
> operating normally?

Missing debug information is the most common cause. Binaries run from
a location different from the build location without proper adjustments
is number two.

> I can set breakpoints in my source and it looks
> like the debugger is doing something yet I have no indication of where
> it is in my source code?
>

> *         I installed QTCreator in a new Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2
> virtual machine (VM).
>
> *         I have converted a simple console app to a QT project that
> uses only standard libs - I am not using any QT libs.
>
> *         My "Build Configuration" is set to Debug.

Can you check there's a -g on the compile and link lines?

> *         This is a mixed C/C++ project.
>
> *         I have tried changing checking "Run in Terminal" Run
> Settings.
>
> *         I have no optimization flags in my PRO file.

In any case: please send the output of the right pane of the Gdb View.
It's the closest thing to a Crystal Ball we have ;-)

Andre'