[Qt-creator] Cannot use qtc-debugging-helper.

Kuiper, Luuk kuiper at hitt.nl
Wed May 6 13:08:32 CEST 2009

>> To show my current situation I attached several files.
>>
>> debugging_helpers_not_found.png:
>> See the message in the red circle saying: Debugging helpers not
found.

>Switch off 'Debug debugging helpers'. [My fault, should not really be
visible in "user" builds]

I did now, but still I get the same message.

>> qt_version_dialog.png:
>> Default Qt version has a green checkmark behind the path for the
>> helper libraries.
>>
>> debugger_helper_options.png:
>> I even forced QtCreator to to look explicitally to the correct
>> directory.
>
>If you use that you need to give the full path including the library
name, not only the directory. [Also basically my fault, as "Location" is
probably a bad description...]

I filled in this now:

/see/6.0.0/x86_64-linux/products/qt/4.4.3/qtc-debugging-helper/libgdbmac
ros.so.1.0.0

But in principle this is the same as when I do not enter anything
because default it should use this one, isn't it, regarding what is
shown in attached picture qt_version_dialog.png.

I added also a new no_q_dump_helper_gdb_output.txt.

Luuk