[Qt-creator] Cannot use qtc-debugging-helper.

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at nokia.com
Wed May 6 14:37:44 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 13:08:32 ext Kuiper, Luuk wrote:
> /see/6.0.0/x86_64-linux/products/qt/4.4.3/qtc-debugging-helper/libgdbmac
> ros.so.1.0.0
>
> But in principle this is the same as when I do not enter anything
> because default it should use this one, isn't it,

Right.

> I added also a new no_q_dump_helper_gdb_output.txt.

The problem here is your gdb's reaction to

  145call (void*)qDumpObjectData440(1,145+1,0,0,0,0,0,0)

It's the first time I see

  stdout:&"Invalid cast.\n"
  stdout:145^error,msg="Invalid cast."

as response.

Unfortunately, the only way to experiment with this is to compile
Creator form source and replace the three occurences of

  "(void*)qDumpObjectData440"

in plugins/debugger/gdbengine.cpp

by plain

  "qDumpObjectData440"

The void* cast was a workaround for a problem that we don't
have anymore, so if removing it improves the situation for you
we can simply drop it.

Andre'