[Qt-creator] Cannot use qtc-debugging-helper.

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at nokia.com
Fri May 8 08:57:35 CEST 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 15:33:27 ext Kuiper, Luuk wrote:
> [Sure I did not. Here they are again. For what it is worth]
>
> When starting the same executable with ddd (so gdb) I
> t takes 8.78 seconds to reach my first break point.

You log looks fine now, but I have no idea where the
time difference come from.

>  > Other major point is the time before the application realy starts to run:
> >
> > stdout:29^done
> >             13:20:34.702
> > stdout:(gdb)
> > status:Running requested...
> >             13:23:06.824
> > stdout:30^done,bkpt={number="2",type="breakpoint",disp="keep",enabled=
> > "y",addr="0x0000000000c0374e",func="tdl::StrMappedElement::addMapping(
> > RWCString const&, QString

It's the time between "run" and the breakpoint triggers.
There is nothing Creator does inbetween. Also, the debug
symbols have been read before the "run" was issued
(command 27) so I am running out of ideas.

If you have some time to waste you could run the commands
from the input pane in a plain gdb session and check whether
there is a single "offending" command.

> [...] what is "archer-tromey-delayed-symfile"
> and "Project Archer"?

http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/ArcherBranchManagement
http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/ProjectArcher

It's the place where the interesting parts of gdb development
seem to happen nowadays.

Andre'