[Qt-creator] Cannot use qtc-debugging-helper.

Kuiper, Luuk kuiper at hitt.nl
Fri May 8 11:29:26 CEST 2009

One of my colleagues new what Archer was and we downloaded and used  a new gdb:

stdout:~"GNU gdb (GDB) 6.8.50.20090503-cvs\n"

But the slow start up is still the same.

And yes, you are right about:

> It's the time between "run" and the breakpoint triggers.

When I remove all the breakpoint, my application starts within seconds.

So, when breakpoints are set on forehand, it takes time to start.

I did some manual labour.

I took the input from file no_q_dump_helper_gdb_cmds.txt, stripped the command nummber from it. The result of that you can find  manual_input.txt.
I pasted all command until and with the -exec-continue after the -break-inserts (so unitl and with line 33 in manual_input.txt).

The output of the session you can find in manual_output.out.

I timed form the start of pasting all information in gdb until reaching my first breakpoint: 46 seconds.
The QtCreator took for that was 91 seconds.

I must say that the difference in time is a lot less than I experienced yesterday. I cannot explain that.

I did some other experiment.

I replaced the lines 30, 31 and 32 ( the setting of the break points) by the next lines:

break preselem.cxx:1053
break preselem.cxx:1060
break trackhandler.cxx:113

And than I reach my first breakpoint after only 9 seconds.

Isn't that funny?

The output of that session is in manual_output_my_style.out.

I hope this is some information you can do something with.

Greetings,

Luuk