[Qt-creator] Cannot use qtc-debugging-helper.

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at nokia.com
Mon May 11 13:25:47 CEST 2009

On Monday 11 May 2009 09:39:53 ext Kuiper, Luuk wrote:
> Yes, my files are located on network drives.
>
> Between 1450 and 1500 source files.

So my current best guess is that this is the cause.

> Do you think there is a possibility to choose between using absolute paths or relative paths?

It's a bit more difficult than it sounds. For one, the partial
paths in the debug information are only known after the
debugger starts running, not at the time the breakpoint
is set in the Gui.

I put in now a context menu option in the breakpoint view to
toggle the use of full and "short" paths, defaulting to short(!).
This should be available in public git by tomorrow noon, would
be nice if you could check whether it makes a difference for you.

> Or introducing the possiblity to enter a kind of search path (as with gdb cli command 'directory ...'?

You can specify any gdb options already using the "startup script".

Andre'